Tuesday 31 August 2010

Don't worry about the un-expected!

So today Javas training has halted slightly. I am stuck in the house with Jack who has been very unwell over the past 24 hours. So Java has a day mouching around her paddock all snuggly in her rugs. The key when the un-expected happens is not to get too worked up about it. Training plans very often have to be altered along the way. I have to be honest here, although I have set out Javas program it does vary around that depending on how she feels and how she is day to day. This is the case with all of them really. I think this is a really important thing to be able to do as there is nothing worse than looking at a horse in the morning and it looking a little off or even when you have begun to work them they perhaps feel alittle off, and piling on a heavy training seesion just because you have planned it on that day. Very often you will cause more off days than allowing your horse to get over its off day and even perhaps allowing them a couple of days and then returning to your training. I hope this all makes sense!!!!!
So anyway although it is not Java thats off my plans have had to change today and hoping that we can return to work tomorrow hopefully we can have a good training session tomorrow. The plan tomorrow would be a high intensity interval session as she did Saturday. It is nearly tapering time, i.e reducing the work load in the run up to the travel.
So thats today.... and again the sun is shining!!!!!!!! But hey ho I get to clean my house instead!!!!!!

See you tomorrow 

1 comment:

  1. Now I wonder where she gets that superb shiny coat from??? Alfalfa Gold by any chance?? Keep up the good work Bex, but don't believe you are cleaning! J xx

    ReplyDelete